Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A New Outlook on Work

So I’ve been trying this writing thing for a while now and am actually enjoying it quite a bit. I have found, however, that I tend to get lost in the virtual abyss and can actually lose blocks of time while reading other people’s blogs and articles. Therefore, I have decided to construct a schedule for my workdays so that I actually do some work every day. What a concept!

While my self-imposed schedule is not written in stone, it is at least on the computer so I can view it throughout the day to be sure I am working on the right project. One of the biggest time savers I identified was only checking email twice a day. Otherwise, every time I hear the ‘ding’ signaling, “you’ve got mail,” I would be taken away from whatever I was working on, only to find myself lured into some non-productive, non-money-producing activities.

I have been terribly remiss in attending to my blog, so there is now a scheduled block of time in my day to write new posts. I hope you haven’t missed my idle (or was that Idol?) banter too much, and will try to do better from now on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment